Sunday, December 11, 2005

Woot- No longer cool?

I remember the first time I came across Woot-- what a cool concept... one electronic item each night offered for less cost than anywhere with no return policy. How could this be successful? Easy--it's about changing the way we think about the internet. It isn't about the item; it's about the "community." Does anyone go to Woot, look at the item and just buy it? I'm guessing that's only about 10% of the people who shop on Woot. My guess is that 90% go to the "Community" to see what they have to say about the item. More and more, shopping on the web has become about "reviews" and "opinions". Seems like the whole world can now offer a reference (Why do we trust them and who are these people anyway?).

Lately, the "Community" on Woot isn't so cool. They say some lame things about the item (complain, moan, groan) with little value in the comments. As a matter of fact, the items on Woot have become alarmingly boring as well.

I didn't even stay up for the last "woot-off" (if you don't know what it is, I'm not explaining it).

Am I really too cool for Woot? Wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home