Friday, December 23, 2005

Merry Christmas

There is so much controversy over the words, "Merry Christmas." Some christians want people to say it rather than "Happy Holidays." I've heard non-Christians talking about feeling left out from the holiday celebrations, with Christmas icons everywhere. I've heard people talking about the "watering down" of the holidays.

So, how do we make everyone happy? How about everybody just proudly displaying what they believe in? I would welcome being wished a Happy Hanukah. I may not celebrate the holiday but I'm not adverse to having a happy one nevertheless.

I buy "holiday" cards to send. I want to wish all of my friends a happy time, not just those who celebrate Christmas. The photo I include is of my boys with Santa. It's not like I'm ashamed of my beliefs. I think that is where the distinction is. We can all be proud of our traditions and values without imposing them on others.

Enjoy the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home