Tuesday, October 31, 2006

NJASL Presentation

I had the pleasure of presenting at the NJASL conference yesterday. What a great group of educators, interested in and enthused by educational technology! I brought 50 hand-outs, the room's capacity, and needed an additional 50 (thanks to you who suffered through standing or sitting on the floor). Here are the links to the information, as promised.

This link is to the Powerpoint presentation. If you didn't get the handout!

This link is to the web resources you might find helpful to teach about evaluating internet sites. Some links may be defunct as I haven't checked all of them within the last few months.

Also, some of you were looking for the article in which the founder of Wikipedia, Jimmy Wales, talks about not using it as a research reference. This is the link to the Chronicle article.

Thanks to everyone for a great session!

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the Power Point you made. It really sums up the basics. I've added it to my files. Would you mind if I kept it on hand to use at Brookdale if someone has a quick question about the internet?

Kevin Burkitt

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm honored you want to use it. Be sure to cite me as the author. *smile*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home