Monday, September 26, 2005

Distance Learning...

I read a number of interesting articles today on the state of distance learning.

College enrollment is expected to grow 16% in the next ten years. That percentage doesn't include non-traditional students, which is the fastest growing population (particularly women and minority students). There are nearly 1 billion people on the internet now. In 2002, 83% of all American households reportedly owned computers. If distance learning isn't the wave of the future, I don't know what is!
The annual market in 2003 was 4.5 billion!

(For more interesting facts, take a look at the article by Howell, Williams and Lindsay entitled "Thirty-two trends Affecting Distance Education: An Informed Foundation for Strategic Planning."

Not only is this a growing field, but I really enjoy my job. It is exciting to teach people what they enjoy learning and can use!

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Badger said...

Episode III DVD Details Revealed
Lucasfilm announced that Star Wars: Episode III--Revenge of the Sith will debut on DVD Nov.
Very interesting Blog. I'll be back. I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a discount inkjet cartridge site/blog. It pretty much covers discount inkjet cartridge related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home