Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Doodle 4 Google


'Doodle 4 Google' is a competition open to K-12 students of U.S. schools to create their own Google doodle inspired by the theme, "What I Wish for the World".

The Doodle 4 Google competition is open to all students in U.S. schools from kindergarten to grade 12 (including private schools and all homeschoolers). Only teachers can submit doodles on behalf of their students. We'll be judging doodles in the following brackets:

  • Kindergarten - Grade 3
  • Grade 4 - Grade 6
  • Grade 7 - Grade 9
  • Grade 10 - Grade 12

What Does My Teacher Need To Submit?

  • A doodle
  • A title for the doodle
  • A supporting statement explaining how the doodle relates to the "What I Wish for the World" theme
  • Completed entry and consent form
Teachers should go to http://doodle4google.appspot.com/register to register their school by March 17, 2009. Parents and children interested in participating should pass this link on to their teachers. Teachers must sign up on behalf of their students and submit their doodles and entry forms by March 31, 2009 after they register their school.

2 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard about this on the Today show. It sounds like a great contest. My first graders don't attend an art class, so I try to incorporate it into the curriculum as often as possible. I have some great artists and I know they would love to do this project.

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Hi Dr. Z! Found u again. This is a great contest especially since I work at a school of performing arts. I will pass this on to the Art teacher next week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home